Friday, November 2, 2007

# 18 Online Productivity Tools

I could just as easily write this blog post directly onto my blog. Just for form's sake, though, I'm going to write it in Zoho Writer. I'm not going to be stupid about it, though. Since I want to finish 23 Things sometime in the current century, I'm just going to write it in Zoho and then cut and paste it into my blog (Note - I tried this after finishing this and it didn't work too well. Turned out that I needed to export what I had written and then cut and paste it.)

The above wasn't a complaint about 23 Things, by the way. The program is an absolute blast. I do have other things that need doing, though, and need some time to devote to them.

So anyway, just in case I don't have enough accounts in enough web based services, I established a Zoho writer account and started writing this missive.

In the course of writing I fiddled with a few of the program's features. It all seems pretty straightforward. Still, I'd be reluctant to use this program if I had any other options. Web services can be absolutely wonderful but they have a bad habit of being here today and gone tomorrow. Who needs to wake up some day in November of the year 2017 and discover that ten years of correspondence has just disappeared?

No comments: