Thursday, November 1, 2007

# 8 - RSS feeds

I've dealt with RSS feeds before, when they became an AquaBrowser feature. They were useful for getting notification that one of my wife's favorite authors had just written a new book and that the library had placed it on order.

Once I set up my account I set up a feed with a political blog I rather like to look at. It's written by an old curmudgeon - in other words, a person I can identify with. I also set up feeds from three of my fellow staffers. These shall remain nameless.

As for the "select three from below" part of the assignment, I subscribed to the Unshelved Librarian feed, one graphic novel reviews feed from Library Journal and two graphic novels feeds (one adult and one teen) from the Reader's Club. Since I'm buying graphic novels these days, these should prove quite useful.

No comments: